Thursday, May 28, 2009

Invincible


i have always had this fascination with lightening. i remember my cousin Nyline telling me about this girl she saw get struck by lightening, and she survived-i guess it being charged...wrongly (?) (or in a manner that would cause her no harm. I'm sure it was just an adolescent creative liberty, but i think i remember Nyline saying that this girl was glowing blue for a few seconds after being struck. for years after (up until now actually) i have wanted so badly to be struck by lightening, and yet be completely OK, and maybe have a large group of people see it. moments after, they would hesitatingly surround me and i would here them question among themselves, "is he invincible?"
this is my second attempt to seriously portray lightening in a final piece (i did it with oil pastel and a white-out pen).


0 comments:

Post a Comment