Thursday, May 14, 2009

Faith Fishing

one day (when i was about 18 or so) Alli Ginos asked me the all too oft asked question, "Spencer, I've known you for a while..." and strangely i knew what was coming... "when are you gonna draw ME a picture?" i thought for a moment and made the point I'd like to make to you all, "well, can you make cookies?"
"huh?"
"cookies-you know, of the peanut butter kind, can you make them?"
"...Uhhh, yeah."
"Oh so you never made ME cookies before..." and its true she had'nt! ..."YOU make ME a plate of peanut butter cookies and ill draw you a picture."
"ok!"
She seemed to like (not love) the idea, but she agreed and by the end of the day we made the exchange.
its called faith fishing because this guy, even in the midst of men needing boats to catch their fish, he chooses the higher, and dare i say "cooler" way, and he walks out on top of the water (with his cat and his spear of course) and he goes fishing-"Faith Fishing."



3 comments:

  1. that is such an amazing picture. you have such an amazing talent, and I have to be honest....I'm completely jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok if I give you a plate of cookies will you draw a picture for me? I bet Cathryn would love a drawling of her from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skies! I need to learn to draw skies...espeially night skies. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete