Thursday, May 7, 2009

Headless Trio


i noticed a particular recurring detail in my drawings a while after drawing this, and that detail was: people facing away from the viewer. i wondered why, concluding that it was a symbol of being misunderstood or underappriciated for who i knew i was. Common among...everyone i guess @ least one time in our lives, but i thought it interesting that it came out in symbolic form. Here, not only are they facing away but they also are headless, i guess a representation for careless-mindlessness. this being present in superficial people (many of whom i was referring to my disconnected relationship with) i guess it gives me comfort in knowing that those who don't understand, or don't at least try to appreciate are often of the careless-mindless type who's attention i suppose is probably better away from me anyway. Wishing i was more optimistic, of course, i just can't deny such prideful thoughts that were present within me from time to time.


1 comment:

  1. Another amazing piece. I love the insight, your art always opens up ideas to me. Thanks

    Peace
    Susan

    ReplyDelete