Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Most Beautiful Woman In The World

this is what gave my new style (pencil, water color and gld leaf) momentum.  i wanted to present it as an antique, and yet contemporary gem.  Its my wife, yes i know-hot huh?  I drew it for her birthday last October.  It shares the same high gloss quality as the mayors home and the temple doors.  my school (MCC) sent this to Phoenix to appear in an art show where it receved many compliments and interested buyers...if only i hadn't priced it at $20,000.  Ha! are you kidding me? sell my wifes Birthday present?  Nope.  i guess my attitude was a mix of repelling buyers from taking this special peice, proping myself as a 'hard to get' painter whos stuff is way too expensive for most people, and the famous Jack-in-the-Box saying "All I need is one [buyer to make me rich]!"  Ash loved it!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat representation of your wife, Spence! :D It has such a Wizard of Oz-ian (before, in Kansas, of course), vintage--like you said, whimsical look. So cool!

    ReplyDelete